This section of the website brings together everything you need to know about the Part 1 MRCOG.
All the latest news and announcements about the Part 1 MRCOG will appear on this page. If you're an exam candidate, please check this page regularly to keep up to date.
Information for 2014 exam candidates
Candidates for the March 2014 exam
If you're sitting the exam in March 2014, please download the following information and instructions:
- Venues and times for the March 2014 Part 1 MRCOG exam (PDF)
- Candidate instructions for the March 2014 Part 1 MRCOG exam (PDF)
Candidates sitting the Part 1 MRCOG in Saudi Arabia in 2014
After consultation, the RCOG Examination and Assessment Committee and the Chair of the Saudi Arabian Representative Committee have agreed to run the Part 1 and Part 2 MRCOG exams in Riyadh in both March and September 2014. Therefore, Jeddah will not be a centre in September 2014, as it has been in previous years.
We haven't yet confirmed the arrangements for 2015 (and future exams). Please check the website regularly for further updates.
Applying for the exam
Applications for the March 2014 Part 1 MRCOG exam are now closed. Bookings for the September 2014 Part 1 exam will open in mid-April.
Preparing for the exam
If you're thinking about sitting the Part 1 MRCOG exam:
- Read the RCOG regulations on the Part 1 MRCOG
- Read the regulations on exam currency and number of attempts
- View the Part 1 MRCOG exam calendar to see when and where you can sit the exam
- Read the answers to frequently asked questions about the Part 1 MRCOG
If you've already registered to sit the Part 1 MRCOG exam, or want to find out more about the Part 1 MRCOG:
- Read a summary of the Part 1 MRCOG syllabus
- Find out about the format of the Part 1 MRCOG
- Search for revision courses on the RCOG Events page
- Find out about revision resources to help you prepare
- Find out how the pass mark is set
If you've already sat the Part 1 MRCOG exam:
- Download the pass list for the most recent exam (September 2013, PDF)
- Read the College's complaints and appeals policy (PDF)
If you can't find what you're looking for on the website, or have any questions, please email the Part 1 MRCOG Secretary or call +44 20 7772 6253.