IMPORTANT UPDATE for Part 2 MRCOG September 2014 exam candidates (Erbil - CANCELLED, Islamabad - under review, will make annoucement at 1pm UK time)
This section of the website brings together everything you need to know about the Part 2 MRCOG exam.
All the latest news and announcements about the Part 2 MRCOG will appear on this page. If you're an exam candidate, please check this page regularly to keep up to date.
Part 2 MRCOG - 2 September 2014 candidate instructions
All candidates entered for the forthcoming September exam are encouraged to carefully read the candidate instructions.
- Please read the venue addresses and exam times for 2 September 2014.
Changes to the Part 2 MRCOG written examination (from March 2015)
In March 2015, the format of the Part 2 written examination will change. Download the MRCOG – proposed changes document (PDF) for full details.
Applying for the exam
Applications for the September/November 2014 Part 2 exam are now closed. Applications for the March/May 2015 exam will open mid-October.
Applying to have your training assessed
Before applying for the Part 2 MRCOG exam, all candidates must apply to have their training assessed to confirm their eligibility to register for the exam.
Training assessment form deadlines
- September 2014 exam: closing date is 1 April 2014
- March 2015 exam: closing date is 1 October 2014
Information for 2014 exam candidates
Candidates sitting the Part 2 MRCOG in Saudi Arabia in 2014
After consultation, the RCOG Examination and Assessment Committee and the Chair of the Saudi Arabian Representative Committee have agreed to run the Part 1 and Part 2 MRCOG exams in Riyadh in both March and September 2014. Therefore, Jeddah will not be a centre in September 2014, as it has been in previous years.
We haven't yet confirmed the arrangements for 2015 (and future exams). Please check the website regularly for further updates.
Preparing for the exam
If you're thinking about sitting the Part 2 MRCOG exam:
- Read the RCOG regulations on the Part 2 MRCOG
- Read the regulations on exam currency and number of attempts
- View the Part 2 MRCOG exam calendar to see when and where you can sit the exam
- Read the answers to frequently asked questions about the Part 2 MRCOG
If you've already registered to sit the Part 2 MRCOG exam, or want to find out more about the Part 2 MRCOG:
- Read a summary of the Part 2 MRCOG syllabus
- Find out about the format of the Part 2 MRCOG (2014 exam only)
- Find out about the format for the Part 2 MRCOG (from March 2015) (PDF)
- Search for revision courses on the RCOG Events page
- Find out about revision resources to help you prepare
- Find out how the pass mark is set
If you've already sat the Part 2 MRCOG exam:
- Download the pass list for the most recent exam (March/May 2014, PDF)
- Read the College's complaints and appeals policy (PDF)
If you can't find what you're looking for on the website, or have any questions, please email the Examination Department or call +44 20 7772 6210.