- Changing your password
- Logging in and registering
- Web profile and RCOG record - what's the difference?
- Online payments
- Moving from the previous version of rcog.org.uk
If you have been pre-registered for the site, the password you have been allocated is generated by a computer and is probably not easy to remember. In order to change it, log in, visit:
My Profile > Update RCOG Record > Change Password.
Your password is stored in your RCOG record, rather than your web profile, as it has to enable you to access your details on our back-office database. You can change your password as often as you wish. Contact email@example.com if you have any problems.
You need to log in to the website to use some functions, such as online discussions or StratOG, and to update the details the RCOG holds about you.
Usernames and passwords for the previous version of the RCOG are no longer valid. This is because the website now interacts directly with the College's back-office systems and it was not possible to transfer usernames and passwords to the new system.
All Fellows, Members and Trainees on the Trainees' Register have been pre-registered for the new website and will have been sent a password by email. If you have not received a password, the most likely reason is that the College does not hold a valid email address for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and membership number and your password will be emailed to you.
If you are not one of the people who have been pre-registered, you can register with the site by filling in a short form here.
There are two areas in which you can record information about yourself on this website - your RCOG record and your Web profile.
Your RCOG record is the information held about you in the RCOG's back office 'Integra' database. Any changes you make to this information online will be available in our back office system within 24 hours. The RCOG will use the information in your RCOG record to contact you so it is important to keep your work and home contact details up-to-date.
Your web profile is where you can store information about yourself which you wish to share with other users of this website. For example, if you post a message in an online discussion, users can click on your name to read your web profile. You also use the web profile to specify whether you want to appear in the 'Find People' directory, which allows other users to contact you through the site (your email address or other personal information are not shared).
Online payments on this website are handled through Sage Pay - one of the largest independent Payment Service Providers in the UK. All transactions are encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing you pass to the Sage Pay servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
The structure of the website is quite different to the previous version and we hope it will be much easier to navigate. However, the list below shows where some of the main sections have have moved:
- Guidelines, Green-tops, Working Party reports etc are now in Womens' Health
- Information for patients is now in Womens' Health - Patient Information
- Online journals are now in Our profession - Research services - Journals
- CPD submission will be in Our profession - CPD (forthcoming)
- Committee details are now in Our profession - Community - Committees
- Awards are now in Our profession - Careers - Awards
- Trainees pages are now in - Our profession - Supporting Trainees
- International pages are now in What we do - International
- Daily press monitoring can now be found in News - Daily press monitoring
- RCOG Publishing is now in What we do - Publishing
- Job adverts are now in Our profession - Careers - Job vacancies
- Conferences & Courses are now called Events