This information is for you if you are pregnant or you are planning on becoming pregnant.
This information outlines the effects of drinking alcohol during pregnancy and provides advice about what is probably a safe amount to drink before and during your pregnancy. It also tells you about:
- a safe limit when you are not pregnant
- a safe limit when you are pregnant (both before and after the pregnancy is confirmed)
- available information and support if you are drinking above a safe limit
- the effect of drinking above a safe limit on the baby’s development in the womb
- the effect of drinking above a safe limit while breastfeeding.
This information will help you to make informed choices about your own drinking. It aims to help you and your healthcare team make the best decisions about your care.
The leaflet can be downloaded as a pdf by clicking on the link below.