The purpose of this section of the website is to inform and encourage debate on subjects of ethical interest, relevant to the specialty of obstetrics and gynaecology.
It contains links to published RCOG guidelines, material on topics of the moment and useful resources.
The RCOG Ethics Committee considers ethical aspects and legal implications of matters of concern affecting the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology.
If you wish to submit a topic for future inclusion or consideration or wish to make a comment, please email the committee secretary Marion Goonewardene.
Organisations and websites included are unrelated to the RCOG and we cannot accept responsibility for their content.
Recent discussions include:
- Treatment of Women in Detention Centres
- Rationing of Healthcare Resources
- Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery (FGCS)
- Extreme prematurity
- Uterine Transplantation
- Cord Clamping
- The Nuffield Council Report - Human Bodies: donation for medicine and Research
- Mitochondria public consultation 2012
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate training in medical ethics
For a list of previously discussed topics, please click here