RCOG Educational Excellence Programme (REEP)
Stage 1: Preparing candidates for the Part 1 MRCOG exam
Stage 1 consists of:
- Part 1 MRCOG preparation course (year 1): a 4-day introduction to the Part 1 MRCOG, with typical exam questions, daily practice papers and general advice about preparing for and taking the exam.
- Part 1 MRCOG revision course (commence from years 1–2): a 3-day final preparation course before candidates sit the Part 1 MRCOG exam, providing a refresher on all components of the syllabus. Extensive daily exposure to typical exam questions plus tips and techniques.
- Part 1 MRCOG exam
Stage 2: Preparing candidates for the Part 2 MRCOG exam
Stage 2 prepares successful Part 1 MRCOG candidates for the Part 2 exam. It starts when a minimum of 10 candidates have successfully passed the Part 1 MRCOG and consists of:
- Enhanced Revision Programme (commence from years 3–4): a 15-week programme covering the Part 2 MRCOG exam syllabus and providing an insight into UK clinical practice to improve candidates’ chance of success. Includes: weekly 1-hour online classroom session with a UK moderator; series of online lectures for pre-, during and post-classroom learning; regular homework assignments and individual feedback from the UK moderator. Concludes with a 3-day Part 2 MRCOG revision course at your local centre.
- Part 2 MRCOG revision course (commence from years 3–4): focuses on exam techniques and practice papers, and offers an insight into O&G practice in the UK NHS, which is essential knowledge for the exam. Covers both the written and the oral (OSCE) parts of the exam, with practice questions and mock OSCE circuits.
- Part 2 MRCOG exam
Stage 3: Training the Trainers
Stage 3, the Training the Trainers programme, is designed for senior doctors who’d like to be RCOG-accredited examiners. It involves:
- Attending a Training the Trainers course (commence from year 2): a 3-day interactive course covering modern teaching and assessment methods, the RCOG core curriculum, workplace-based assessments, the MRCOG exam and how to give effective feedback to Part 2 MRCOG exam candidates.
- Mentoring a candidate for the Part 2 MRCOG exam
- Teaching on a Part 2 MRCOG revision course
- Attending a Training the Examiners course to become an RCOG-accredited examiner: travel to the UK for a programme delivered by senior Fellows and Members covering speciality training, the curriculum, question-writing workshops, standard-setting, essay marking and the oral assessment (OSCE).
- Examining for an RCOG OSCE exam
Find out more
For full details of how to become an RCOG exam centre, including both your and the College’s contribution at each stage and other RCOG resources available to you and your exam candidates, download the guide to the RCOG Educational Excellence Programme (PDF, 1.3MB).
Information about the exams is available elsewhere on our site:
If you’re an exam candidate, or want to find out how to apply for the exam, please email the Examination Department or call +44 20 7772 6210.
If you have any questions about becoming an MRCOG Examination and Education Centre, please email the Marketing department or call +44 20 7772 6251.