TOG is inviting applications for the position of Associate Editor
Overview of TOG
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG) is the RCOG’s editorially independent educational and continuing professional development (CPD) journal. For further information about TOG, please visit www.rcog.org.uk/tog
Overview of role
TOG Associate Editors ensure the journal remains a valuable resources for clinicians’ professional development in women’s health. They work closely with the International Advisory Board to guarantee that TOG content is applicable to doctors in the UK and worldwide. They assist with reviewing and editing articles, advising on and inviting suitable referees, and suggesting topics for commissioned articles.
- Consultant or equivalent in women’s health
- 3 published peer-reviewed articles in, for example, TOG, BJOG, The BMJ, etc.
- Excellent written English
- Published review articles
- Record of peer-reviewing in women’s health
- Record of journal editing in women’s health
- Evidence of contributing editorial material to journals (e.g. commentaries)
- At least 3 contributions to TOG (e.g. writing an article or commentary, acting as a peer reviewer or writing a book/website/app review)
- Experience in medical education and/or training
Applications will be particularly welcomed from any individuals with interest in writing and editing CPD questions and content.
Applicants will need to send a cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this role, please visit www.rcog.org.uk/tog or contact email@example.com.