As part of our formal evaluation of the 2019 curriculum implementation, we are holding a series of focus groups to listen to trainees and trainers and hear about their experiences.
In particular we want to hear about the following:
- How well prepared trainees and educators felt for the new curriculum, and how this could have been better?
- What is the understanding of the new curriculum?
- What awareness there is of resources and support for educational supervisors?
- Whether the new curriculum is effective and fair?
- Is there a risk of differential attainment across the new curriculum; will some trainees be unduly disadvantaged?
We are hoping that these groups will capture the thoughts of the full spectrum of doctors who choose to train, and be trainers, in obstetrics and gynaecology.
If you feel you have had a different or difficult experience with the new curriculum or it has disadvantaged you in any way, please do speak to us so we can use your feedback to incite change.
Sessions are anticipated to last 1 hour.
Focus group dates
- Thursday 15 July 2021 at 9.15am
- Thursday 22 July 2021 at 6.00pm
- Monday 26 July 2021 at 09.15am
- Wednesday 8 September 2021 at 9.15am
- Thursday 23 September 2021 at 1.30pm
We welcome all feedback; this is a safe space to express your candid views with the opportunity to highlight areas in which improvements could be considered.
We are particularly encouraging participation from underrepresented groups such as those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds and those with a disability.
How to take part
To take part, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.