TOG is inviting applications for the position of Associate Editor from individuals based in the USA.
Overview of TOG
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG) is the RCOG’s editorially independent educational and continuing professional development (CPD) journal. For further information about TOG, please visit the TOG webpage.
Overview of role
TOG Associate Editors ensure the journal remains a valuable resource for clinicians’ professional development in women’s health. The journal now wishes to recruit an Associate Editor based in the USA to guarantee that TOG content is applicable and relevant to clinicians in this region.
- Reviewing and editing articles
- Advising on and inviting suitable referees
- Suggesting topics for commissioned articles
- Attending (in person or by videoconference) two board meetings per annum
- Discussing/recommending promotional opportunities
- Consultant or equivalent in women’s health, with expertise in gynaecological oncology
- Three published peer-reviewed articles
- Excellent written English
- Published review articles
- Record of peer-reviewing in women’s health
- Record of serving on the editorial board of a journal in women’s health
- Evidence of contributing editorial material to journals (e.g. commentaries)
- At least three contributions to TOG (e.g. writing an article or commentary, acting as a peer reviewer or writing a book/website/app review)
- Experience in medical education and/or training
- Interest in writing and editing CPD questions and content
How to apply
In the first instance, please send a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com.
For more information on this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday 6 December 2020