We are currently not looking to appoint Clinical Examiners for the Part 3 MRCOG exam
The next recruitment drive will be in late 2019.
The Membership Examination (MRCOG), for hospital doctors wishing to specialise in obstetrics and gynaecology, currently consists of a Part 1 written examination, Part 2 written examination and Part 3 examination consisting of a clinical assessment involving multiple different tasks.
The Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment aims to assess candidates’ ability to apply core clinical skills in the context of the skills, knowledge, attitudes and competencies as defined in the MRCOG curriculum.
To support the RCOG in delivering the Part 3 examination, we have new Part 3 Clinical Examiner opportunities for our Members and Fellows.
Part 3 Clinical Examiners are required to:
- Attend the examiner training
- Support the MRCOG revision course for 1 day prior to examining for the first time
- Indicate availability to examine in the Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment at least once every year
- Attend the examiner briefing session prior to each examination
- Examine in the Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment
- Maintain confidentiality of the examination
Training dates for Clinical Examiners
Successful applicants are required to attend a training session.
- The next training session is taking place on Thursday 20 June 2019.
New dates will be posted here.
If there are no open dates listed, or you cannot attend any available dates, you will be considered for the next training course.
If you have any queries, please contact MRCOGpart3@rcog.org.uk