The RCOG is recruiting Part 3 MRCOG Lay Examiners
If you require information in an alternative format please contact email@example.com
The Membership Examination (MRCOG), for hospital doctors wishing to specialise in obstetrics and gynaecology, consists of a Part 1 written examination, Part 2 written examination, and Part 3 examination which is a role-play style Clinical Assessment involving multiple tasks.
The Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment aims to assess candidates' ability to apply core clinical and communication skills in the context of the skills, knowledge, attitudes and competencies as defined in the MRCOG curriculum. Candidates are examined by Clinical Examiners alongside Lay Examiners.
To support the RCOG in delivering the Part 3 examination, we have new Part 3 Lay Examiner opportunities.
Part 3 Lay Examiners are required to:
- Attend the examiner training and revision course on one of the dates listed in the role description.
- Indicate availability to examine in the Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment at least once every year
- Attend the examiner briefing session prior to each examination (usually the Sunday afternoon on the day before the exam)
- Examine in the Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment in the domains of patient safety, communication with patients and their families and information gathering
- Award marks consistently in accordance with agreed criteria
- Work professionally with co-examiners, actors and members of the examination team
- Maintain confidentiality of the examination
- Demonstrate commitment to continued learning through any training updates provided by the College.
The role is remunerated at a fee of £125 per day of examining, excluding training days and the briefing session held the day before the examination.
Travel will be organised and paid for by the College.
Accommodation can be provided for Lay Examiners who cannot travel to and from the College daily, on the days of examinations.
Training dates for Lay Examiners
Successful applicants are required to attend a training session.
- Wednesday 17 October 2018: Closed
Further dates will be posted here.
If there are no open dates listed, or you cannot attend any available dates, you will be considered for the next training course.
How to apply
To apply, please send a completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to MRCOGpart3@rcog.org.uk.
Ideally, interested parties will be available to examine in early November 2018.