The TOG Editorial Board is inviting applications for the position of Trainee Representative (3-year term)
Overview of TOG
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG) is the RCOG’s editorially independent educational and continuing professional development (CPD) journal. For further information about TOG, please visit the TOG webpage.
Overview of role
TOG Trainee Representatives serve to update the Editorial Board on trainee issues and advise on and suggest journal content that would be suitable for the trainee readership.
- Advising the Editorial Board on matters relating to training and education, and updating the Editorial Board on any relevant decisions made at the Trainees’ Committee meeting
- Informing the Trainees’ Committee of any relevant decisions made at the TOG Editorial Board meeting
- Reviewing proposals
- Reviewing and editing articles
- Advising on and inviting suitable referees
- Suggesting topics for articles to be commissioned
- Attending (in person or by videoconference) two Editorial Board meetings per annum
- Senior Trainee (preferably at the ST5-6 level)
- Published peer-reviewed articles
- Excellent written English
- Published review articles
- Evidence of contributing editorial material to journals (e.g. commentaries)
- Experience in medical education and/or training
- Interest in writing and editing CPD questions and content
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021