Meeting dates (10:30 start)
The Academic Board reports to Council; minutes go to Clinical Quality Board for information.
The Research Committee reports to the Academic Board.
To promote and safeguard all aspects of academic obstetrics and gynaecology including research and research training, undergraduate and postgraduate training and the nature of academic jobs and training, particularly in relation to recruitment and retention.
To report to Council by submission to the Officers of the Minutes of each meeting of the Academic Board.
To maintain an overview of the RCOG's academic strategies, curricula, policies and procedures pertaining to the following:
- Undergraduate teaching and learning
- Postgraduate academic training
To maintain an overview of the work of the Research Committee by receipt of:
- The Minutes of all meetings of the Research Committee
- Annual report on the work of the Research Committee in the preceding 12 months
Please send all communications to the committee secretary.
Telephone: +44 7772 6311
- Professor Andrew Horne FRCOG
- Dr Katie Morris, HEI Representative
- Dr Ed Johnstone MRCOG, Research Committee Acting Chair
- Dr Sarah Adams, BUSOG Representative
- Professor Shakila Thangaratinam MRCOG – Higher Education Institute (HEI) Representative
- Dr R S Kerr – Junior Academic Trainees’ Representative
- Dr Michael Rimmer – UKARCOG Chair
- Dr Philippa Marsden FRCOG – Undergraduate Education Lead
- Professor Lucy Chappell FRCOG – President, Blair Bell Research Society
- Mr Nigel Simpson MRCOG – National Study Group (NSG) Lead
- Dr Johanna Trinder FRCOG – Heads of School (HoS) Representative
- Mr Patrick O'Brien FRCOG – Vice President, Membership
- Gary Waltham – Executive Director of Education, Quality and Projects
- Gemma Thurston – Business Manager, Education and Quality
- Dr D Hapangama MRCOG – Postgraduate Lead
- Head, Specialty Training and Education
- Director, RCOG Centre for Quality Improvement and Clinical Audit
- Director of Education