Meeting dates (14:00 start)
The BJOG Editorial Board reports to the Journals Business Development Committee.
The role of the Editorial Board is advisory.
Responsibility for content lies with the Editors and Editor-in-Chief.
The Editorial Board should:
- Advise on the appointment of editors and new editorial board members
- Alert the editors to current issues and advances in the field
- Advise changes and developments in the needs of patients and professionals
- Advise the editor on editorial policy
- Advise the editor on ethical issues
- Advise the editor on the selection of referees
- Act as a sounding board and conscience
- Advise on the overall presentation of the journal
Members should be chosen to enhance the journal’s national and international reputation.
Members should publicise the journal at scientific meetings and other fora.
Specifically, Board members will:
- Suggest topics for reviews, commentaries and editorials
- Suggest names of suitable referees
- Contribute reviews, commentaries, BJOG Perspectives and editorials
- Encourage submissions of original articles
- Referee a significant number (>12 each) of articles per year
Details of appointment
Members receive no payment for service on the Editorial Board. Members will receive a complimentary subscription to BJOG during the term of their appointment.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
BJOG Assistant Editor
Tel: +44 20 7772 6440
- Mr Michael Marsh, MD FRCOG – Editor-in-Chief
The BJOG Editorial Board is made up of Editors and Editorial Board members.
BJOG Editors are invited to attend each meeting of the Editorial Board.