Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 25 January 2019
- 14 February 2019
- 14 March 2019
- 11 April 2019
- 16 May 2019
- 20 June 2019
- 18 July 2019
- 15 August 2019
- 19 September 2019
- 17 October 2019
- 14 November 2019
- 12 December 2019
The Equivalence Advisory Group reports to Education Board.
- To define and map ‘equivalence’ with respect to the evolving curriculum.
- To assess applicants’ equivalence to a day one Consultant.
- To agree methods of assessment according to guidance issued by the General Medical Council (GMC).
- To assess applications and submit recommendations to the GMC.
- To monitor best practice in equivalence matters in other Colleges.
- To liaise with the GMC on all issues regarding applications, reviews, re-applications and appeals.
- To consider the liability to the College and how this may be indemnified.
- To note matters of concern in the College's Risk Register, as appropriate, and in a timely manner.
- The Equivalence Group will report to the Education Board within the College with regard to recommendations on the equivalence of training.
- To respond to GMC consultations concerning CESR-related matters.
- To engage in discussion with stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g. Specialty Education Advisory Committee (SEAC), deaneries) on CESR-related matters.
Frequency of meetings
Once a month, depending on how many CESR applications are received.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6451
Senior Equivalence Advisor
Deputy Senior Equivalence Advisor
- Dr Dave Semple FRCOG
- Dr Anita Dutta FRCOG
- Mr Hossam Elsheikh MRCOG
- Dr Mandira Hazra MRCOG
- Dr Marina Flynn FRCOG
- Dr Sanjaya Kalkur FRCOG
- Dr Premila Thampi FRCOG
- Mr Dhiraj Uchil MRCOG
- Dr Wai Yoong FRCOG
- Dr Neeraja Kuruba MRCOG
- Dr Tahira Naeem FRCOG
- Dr Fatima Abu Amna FRCOG
- Dr Glefy Furtado MRCOG