Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 19 January
- 16 February
- 16 March
- 20 April
- 18 May
- 22 June
- 20 July
- 17 August
- 21 September
- 19 October
- 16 November
- 14 December
The Equivalence Group reports to Education Board.
- To define and map ‘equivalence’ with respect to the evolving curriculum.
- To assess applicants’ equivalence to a day one Consultant.
- To agree methods of assessment according to guidance issued by the General Medical Council (GMC).
- To assess applications and submit recommendations to the GMC.
- To monitor best practice in equivalence matters in other Colleges.
- To liaise with the GMC on all issues regarding applications, reviews, re-applications and appeals.
- To consider the liability to the College and how this may be indemnified.
- To note matters of concern in the College's Risk Register, as appropriate, and in a timely manner.
- The Equivalence Group will report to the Education Board within the College with regard to recommendations on the equivalence of training.
- To respond to GMC consultations concerning CESR-related matters.
- To engage in discussion with stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g. Specialty Education Advisory Committee (SEAC), deaneries) on CESR-related matters.
Frequency of meetings
Once a month, depending on how many CESR applications are received.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6451
Senior Equivalence Advisor
Deputy Senior Equivalence Advisor
- Mr Peter Lindsay FRCOG
- Dr Dave Semple FRCOG
- Mrs Sarah Reynolds FRCOG
- Dr Hiran Samarage FRCOG
- Dr Sanjaya Kalkur FRCOG
- Dr Premila Thampi FRCOG
- Mr Dhiraj Uchil MRCOG
- Dr Wai Yoong FRCOG