Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 12 January
- 6 April
- 6 July
- 11 and 12 October
The Examination and Assessment Committee reports to Education Board.
The following sub-committees report to the Examination and Assessment Committee:
The Examination and Assessment Committee is a standing committee of the RCOG Council. The majority of the Committee's work relates to the MRCOG and DRCOG examinations, although there are other matters considered by the Committee.
- The Committee is responsible for establishing the content and recommending to the Education Board the format of College examinations.
- The Committee is responsible for setting, marking and reviewing questions and question papers.
- The Committee ensures the standard, validity and fairness of examinations and produces appropriate pass lists.
- The Committee oversees the function of the Examination Department, including communication with candidates, the logistics of preparing for examinations and communications with overseas centres.
- The Committee recommends to the Education Board suitable individuals to become DRCOG and MRCOG examiners and also suggests suitable Members and Fellows to be Members of the various Sub-Committees of the Examination and Assessment Committee.
- On a regular basis, the Committee reviews relevant overseas examinations, in particular those where successful candidates gain exemption from the Part 1 MRCOG. Advice and help is also given to overseas examinations and, from time to time, recommendations are made with regard to suitable College representatives to be external examiners for these examinations.
- The Committee has joint responsibility for the RCOG/LSTM Diploma in Reproductive Health in Developing Countries.
- The Committee is responsible for the examination for the Advanced Training Programme in Obstetric Ultrasound organised by the Standing Joint Committee of the RCOG/RCR.
- The Chairman of the Examination and Assessment Committee and the Committee itself is, from time to time, responsible for providing advice to the President, Council and the Finance and General Purposes Committee on matters pertaining to examinations.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6308
- Dr Aisling Baird FRCOG – FSRH representative
- Mrs Chandrika Balachandar FRCOG – Chair, Part 2 MRCOG EMQ Sub-Committee
- Dr Sanyal Raj Patel MRCOG – Trainees' Committee representative
- Ms Maria Viner – RCOG Women’s Network representative
- Mr Kevin Hayes FRCOG – Assessment Adviser (Exams)
- Mr Rehan Khan MRCOG – Assessment Adviser (WPBA)
- Dr Imogen Montague FRCOG – Chair, Part 2 MRCOG SBA Sub-Committee
- Mrs Rebecca Sian Black MRCOG – Representative, Specialty Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Mr Edmund Neale FRCOG – Chair, Part 3 MRCOG Clinical Assessment Sub-Committee
- Professor Janice Rymer FRCOG – Vice President, Education
- Ms N Mukhopadhaya – Chair, Part 1 MRCOG Sub-Committee
- Dr Aradhana (Mona) Khaund MRCOG – Chair, DRCOG Sub-Committee
- Miss Susan Ward FRCOG - Vice Chair, Examination and Assessment Committee