Meeting dates (13:30 start)
- 10 March
- 30 June
- 29 September
- 1 December
- 9 February
- 18 May
- 14 September
- 23 November
The Global Health Board reports to Council.
The following committees report to the Global Health Board:
- To coordinate and promote an RCOG strategy on the improvement of reproductive health care worldwide to reduce maternal mortality.
- To establish and monitor progress of the RCOG International Foundation.
- To consider income generation initiatives to ensure there are sufficient funds available to sustain the agenda of work.
- To work in partnership with other UK and international agencies to strengthen links and to facilitate a multidisciplinary approach and to encourage dialogue.
- To coordinate the development of educational tools for under-resourced countries, e.g. special skills modules, distance learning programmes, international diplomas and web streaming.
- To coordinate the development of clinical standards for under-resourced countries.
- To develop a framework for improvements in reproductive health in developing countries.
- To lobby governments including Commonwealth health ministers to influence and educate on the problems and solutions to maternal mortality.
- To assist in the exchange of skilled personnel and training programmes.
- To collaborate with RCOG International Representative Committees and to encourage dialogue at a national level in all relevant countries.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6311
- Mr Hani Fawzi FRCOG – Vice President, Global Health
- Louise Silverton - Royal College of Midwives representative
- Dr Paula Baraitser - Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health representative
- Mary McCauley MRCOG - Trainees’ representative
- Dr Suzy Elneil FRCOG - Chair, Global Project Management Committee
- Miss Felicity Ashworth FRCOG - Chair, Global Placement Committee
- Tim Draycott FRCOG - International Council Representative for Australia, America and Pacific Rim
- Fionnuala McAuliffe FRCOG - International Council Representative for Europe and Central Asia
- Hassan Shehata FRCOG - International Council Representative for Middle East and N Africa
- Ranee Thakar FRCOG - International Council Representative for South Asia
- Rhona Hughes FRCOG - International Council Representative for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Alison Wright FRCOG - Vice President for UK & Global Membership
- Linda Burke - Executive Director, Education & Quality
- Ann Tate - Director of Global Development, RCOG
- Binta Patel - Global Health Manager, RCOG
- Gemma Hayes - Head of Operations, Leading Safe Choices
- RCOG Honorary Officers (ex officio)