Meeting dates (10:00 start)
The Global Placement Committee reports to the Global Health Board.
- To lead and develop the RCOG’s Global Fellowship Scheme and placements in partnership with local employers in countries identified as RCOG geographical and subject priorities and having the appropriate infrastructure to host volunteers effectively and safely.
- To help develop the RCOG Schools’ Programme, which aims to raise money to assist volunteers working in programmes overseas managed by the College.
- To develop courses in liaison with the RCOG Education Directorate and other organisations for:
- UK trainees before their departure
- International medical graduates (IMG) – generic basic skills and induction courses
- To meet with VSO and other organisations which arrange similar schemes to review joint processes in order not to duplicate work.
- To liaise with RCOG Officers, Heads of Schools, Training Programme Directors and the Trainees’ Committee to:
- Promote volunteering programmes overseas
- Identify training places in the UK for doctors on the IMG scheme
- To facilitate educational and training links between the RCOG, International Representative Committees and national societies.
- Miss Felicity Ashworth FRCOG
- Mr Sherif Abdel-Fattah FRCOG – MTI Officer
- Dr Soha Sohby – Global Health Trainees Group representative
- Dr Dalia Saidan MRCOG – Returned volunteer (1 year only)
- Ms Joy Kemp – RCM representative
- Mr Tim Navin-Jones – VSO Representative
- Director of Global Development, RCOG
- Global Health Projects Manager, RCOG
- Global Health Projects Administrator, RCOG