Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 26 January
- 22 June
- 12 October
The Scientific Advisory Committee reports to the Clinical Quality Board.
The Scientific Advisory Committee has a broad brief encompassing both basic and clinical science, including health services research.
- To ‘horizon scan’ and debate relevant scientific issues, including future developments of relevance to the specialty.
- To produce regular news items and/or Scientific Impact Papers for the membership.
- To contribute to College responses on national policies and direction.
- To react to requests for scientific advice from Officers, committees, working parties and Fellows/Members of the College.
- To advise Officers and appropriate committees about future national and international scientific and clinical meetings and study groups.
- To report to the Clinical Quality Board.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6429
- Dr Sadaf Ghaem-Maghami MRCOG
- Mr Mostafa Metwally FRCOG
- Dr Elly Brockbank MRCOG
- Dr Mandish Dhanjal FRCOG
- Dr Kannamannadiar Jayaprakasan MRCOG
- Dr Asma Khalil MRCOG
- Professor Henry Leese FRCOG (Scientific Representative)
- Dr Angela Brady (Genetics Representative)
- Dr Fiona Denison MRCOG
- Ms Kate Brian (Women's Network Representative)
- Mr Eddie Morris FRCOG (RCOG Vice President, Clinical Quality)
- Dr Aung Soe (Neonatologist Representative)
- Mr Leo Gurney MRCOG (Trainees' Representative)
- Director of Clinical Quality, RCOG
- Clinical Effectiveness Manager, RCOG