Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- Tuesday 4 February 2020
- Friday 15 May 2020
- Friday 4 September 2020
- Wednesday 11 November 2020
The Subspecialty Committee reports to Specialty Education Advisory Committee.
To advise and keep under review:
- The development of subspecialisation in the four fields of gynaecological oncology, reproductive medicine, maternal and fetal medicine and urogynaecology including requirements and regulations for subspecialist training and accreditation;
- The criteria and procedures for approval of subspecialty trainees, training programmes, and for subspecialist accreditation on completion of training.
- Monitors the criteria and procedures for approval of subspecialty trainees, training centres and training programmes and for subspecialist accreditation on completion of training.
- Provides feedback to programme subspecialty training programme supervisors (STPS) on the progress of trainees based on information submitted in the assessors’ reports following centralised subspecialty assessments.
- Provides feedback to the School for the annual review of competence progression (ARCP) on the progress of trainees based on information submitted in the assessors’ report following centralised subspecialty assessments.
- Ensures the curricula, requirements for training and the various application and report forms are updated appropriately.
- Keeps statistics on current and past trainees, including manpower and funding information, and the number of centres and programmes approved.
Frequency of meetings
4 times a year
Education Policy Team
||Miss Melanie Davies FRCOG
||Dr Joanne Bailey MRCOG
|2 representatives for Maternal and Fetal Medicine
||Dr Manjiri Khare FRCOG
Prof Fionnuala McAuliffe FRCOG
|2 representatives for Reproductive Medicine
||Mr Andrew Drakeley FRCOG
Mr Harish Bhandari MRCOG
|2 representatives for Gynaecological Oncology
||Mr Jo Nieto FRCOG
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel FRCOG
|2 representatives for Urogynaecology
||Dr Karen Guerrero FRCOG
Dr Karen Ward MRCOG
|1 Head of School from SEAC
||Dr Karen Brackley FRCOG
|1 representative from the trainees
||Dr Srdjan Saso MRCOG