Education and Quality directorate
- Centre for Women’s Global Health: Responsible for delivering the College’s global health strategy, implementing projects in low- and middle-income countries and raising funds to support our philanthropic activities. Includes our Leading Safe Choices programme, which aims to improve family planning and abortion care provision in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Clinical Quality: Responsible for a number of activities that aim to improve women’s health care, including producing clinical guidelines, carrying out reviews of women’s health care services, performing audits, clinical research and quality improvement projects, responding to external consultations, and carrying out patient experience and public engagement work.
- Education and Assessment: Supports all educational activity, including the training curriculum, continuing professional development, quality assurance of education, ePortfolios and eLearning, and runs the College’s Membership (MRCOG) and Diploma (DRCOG) exams.
- National Guideline Alliance: Develops evidence-based guidelines for health and social care in England and Wales for cancer, mental health and women’s and children’s health on behalf of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
External Affairs directorate
- Digital: Responsible for the College’s digital platforms and channels and for implementing our digital transformation programme. This includes our marketing activities as well as sthe College’s two journals, BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG).
- Media and Public Relations: Manages all external communications and media relationships, positioning the College as a key influencer and standard-setter in women’s health and a source of reliable, evidence-based information to empower women to make informed decisions about their health care.
- Membership: The Membership team is responsible for increasing and retaining College membership worldwide, including a range of membership engagement and development activities as well as membership support services. The Membership directorate also includes the Knowledge Management team, which manages the RCOG and RCM libraries and the College’s archives and heritage collections, as well as providing a range of research and information services to other teams.
- Policy and Public Affairs: Carries out political monitoring and analysis and works with other health and medical organisations on issues that impact on women’s health, to inform the development of policy positions for the College.
Deputy CEO’s directorate
- Commercial: Identifies and develops commercial opportunities to support the College’s strategic goals.
- Finance: Manages the RCOG’s day-to-day finances and provides the management and leadership team with reports that allow them to review the College’s financial position and performance to aid decision-making.
- Meetings: Runs the annual RCOG World Congress and around 70 courses, conferences and other events at the College each year, as well as managing the franchising of courses to other centres in the UK and worldwide.
- Projects: Provides project management support to a range of College activities.
- Buildings: Responsible for providing a fully functional building 24/7 to allow staff to support the College’s members. This includes health and safety duties as well as a portering service to support the various events and functions that take place at the College.
- Guest Services: Manages contracts for and delivery of support services, including reception, the post room, cleaning, catering, and Rooms on Regent’s Park.
- Human Resources: Provides a professional and proactive HR service to all RCOG staff, including fostering good employee relations, managing and promoting the College’s learning and development programme, and recruitment and retention.
- Information Management and Technology: Provides technical services to support RCOG staff and committees, including audiovisual support for internal and external meetings and events held at the College.
Please see the comprehensive A–Z list of contact details at the College.
Work for us
For information about job opportunities at the College and employment policies, please visit the current vacancies page.