Our invited review service is designed to help employers, commissioners and managers provide safe and sustainable services that improve outcomes for women’s health.
What is an RCOG invited review?
We regularly receive requests for reviews of obstetric and gynaecology (O&G) services from organisations that provide, plan or commission O&G services and have concerns about:
- Patient safety
- A healthcare organisation’s ability to provide effective training in O&G
- Workload issues
- Aspects of delivery of a whole service
- Potential for service redesign/configuration
We provide three types of review:
- Service review: carried out in response to an invitation to visit and comment on a current service, including meeting the clinical team, managers and other stakeholders, with a focus on safety and quality.
- Configuration review: carried out when commissioners and healthcare organisations need clinical assurance of proposals for significant changes to local O&G services.
For examples of the kind of guidance the RCOG can provide to help you deliver improved patient outcomes, please read our case studies.