Our invited review service is designed to help employers, commissioners and managers provide safe and sustainable services that improve outcomes for women’s health.
The RCOG Invited review service is currently advertising for assessors to join the database for service and case note reviews.
If you are an experienced practitioner with leadership experience and an interest in service design, governance and team dynamics, please consider joining our pool of assessors.
We would like to recruit Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultants, Trainees (ST5 Level and above), Trust Grade Doctors, SAS doctors, Midwives and Gynaecology Nurses.
Read more and apply
What is an RCOG invited review?
We regularly receive requests for reviews of obstetric and gynaecology (O&G) services from organisations that provide, plan or commission O&G services and have concerns about:
- Patient safety
- A healthcare organisation’s ability to provide effective training in O&G
- Workload issues
- Aspects of delivery of a whole service
- Potential for service redesign/configuration
We provide 2 types of review:
- Service review: carried out in response to an invitation to visit and comment on a current service, including meeting the clinical team, managers and other stakeholders, with a focus on safety and quality.
- Configuration review: carried out when commissioners and healthcare organisations need clinical assurance of proposals for significant changes to local O&G services.
For examples of the kind of guidance the RCOG can provide to help you deliver improved patient outcomes, please read our case studies.
Becoming an assessor
We are now recruiting for Invited Review Assessors.
If you are an experienced obstetrician and/or gynaecologist and would like to know more about becoming an assessor for the RCOG invited review service (including criteria and benefits), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD for external assessors
External assessors on invited reviews, ARCP panels and deanery visits can claim 5 credits per visit or panel. If you are an external assessor for service reviews, deanery visits and ARCP panels, the maximum number of credits claimable in each 5-year CPD cycle is 25 across the three kinds of activity.