We are seeking a senior healthcare professional with a successful track record of leading quality improvement programmes, to provide an expert clinical perspective for the EBC: Learn and Support Programme, a flagship programme of work, jointly run by the RCOG and The Royal College of Midwives.
- Salary: Flexible depending on experience and expertise equivalent to a senior healthcare professional
- Location: London
- Contract: 1 day per week (Fixed term contract/secondment until December 2021)
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists is a professional membership association dedicated to improving women’s health care across the world. We do this by setting standards for clinical practice, providing doctors with training and lifelong learning, and working with partners to advocate for women’s health and health care across their life course. We are a global leader in this specialist area and are in our 90th year, supporting 16,000 members in the UK and internationally.
We are a values-led organisation placing high standards, innovation, openness, inclusiveness and trust at the centre of all we do.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Quality, you will be required to act in a senior clinical advisory capacity for the Each Baby Counts: Learn and Support Programme, and provide an expert clinical perspective on the Programme’s implementation, analysis and communication of findings.
As Clinical Lead, you will work with and support the Local Development Leads to implement the EBC: Learn and Support Programme.
The aim of the Each Baby Counts: Learn and Support Programme is to equip multidisciplinary maternity teams with the skills and expertise to understand the safety culture in their unit, as well as interventions to help improve it.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be a registered Midwife or clinician with MRCOG/FRCOG
- Have experience of leading quality improvement initiatives
- Have a registered licence to practise with the GMC and in good standing with the GMC, or registered with the NMC
- Be a substantive consultant in obstetrics in UK NHS practice, or retired within the last 3 years, or registered midwife with substantial experience of management of services and/or risk management
- At least one fully completed CPD cycle (if medical).
As an important member of the team you will be located in our well-resourced offices overlooking Regent’s Park, with a move planned for November 2019 to brand new bespoke offices in London Bridge. We offer a friendly working environment with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- First class pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
How to apply
Please return your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 10.00am on Monday 4 February 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13 February 2019.
If you have further questions you can contact the HR Department on 020 7772 6453.
At RCOG we are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.