We are looking for a senior healthcare professional with a successful track record of leading quality improvement programmes, to lead and manage the EBC: Learn and Support Programme, a flagship programme of work jointly run by the RCOG and The Royal College of Midwives.
- Salary: Flexible depending on experience and expertise, but equivalent to a senior healthcare professional
- Location: London
- Contract: Full time 35 hours per week (Fixed term contract/secondment until December 2021)
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists is a professional membership association dedicated to improving women’s health care across the world. We do this by setting standards for clinical practice, providing doctors with training and lifelong learning, and working with partners to advocate for women’s health and health care across their life course. We are a global leader in this specialist area and are in our 90th year, supporting 16,000 members in the UK and internationally.
We are a values-led organisation placing high standards, innovation, openness, inclusiveness and trust at the centre of all we do.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Quality, you will be responsible for leading on the implementation of the Programme and linking with external stakeholders to ensure the success of the Programme across the NHS in England.
The aim of the EBC: Learn and Support Programme is to equip multidisciplinary maternity teams with the skills and expertise to understand the safety culture in their unit, as well as interventions to help improve it.
As Head of Programme Delivery you will line manage two other core staff working on the Programme (Research Fellow and Administrator).
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be a registered Midwife or clinician with MRCOG
- Have experience of working in health and social care sector NHS environment including knowledge of NHS maternity care
- Have experience in managing multiple and complex projects and effective risk management
- Have experience of working in clinical research or audit
- Have experience in developing and delivering education and training
As an important member of the team you will be located in our well-resourced offices overlooking Regent’s Park, with a move planned for November 2019 to brand new bespoke offices in London Bridge. We offer a friendly working environment with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- First class pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
How to apply
Please return your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 10.00am on Monday 4 February 2019
If you have further questions you can contact the HR Department on 020 7772 6453.
At RCOG we are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.