Skip to main content

Fees and payment options FAQs

FAQs on membership fees and payment options

When are my membership fees due?

Your RCOG membership becomes due annually on 31 January. Members will be provided with notification for renewal in November/December, which will include details of our standard membership fees and Direct Debit collections.

How can I pay my membership fee?

Please see our page on How to pay your fees and our FAQs page on payment options.

Frequently asked questions about Direct Debits

Please see our dedicated page for Direct Debit FAQs.

I have not paid my membership fees – will my membership continue?

Membership subscriptions become due on 31 January each year and it is important that your fees are paid as promptly as possible. We recognise and accept that payments may take some time to arrange, particularly for those members based overseas. Nevertheless, members who are in arrears for a 4 month period or more will have their benefits removed.

Members who are in arrears for a period of 7 months or more will be removed from the Register and will no longer be considered to be a Fellow or Member of the College. You will be required to pay all outstanding fees prior to your name being submitted to Council for consideration for reinstatement.

I am leaving or returning to the UK or Republic of Ireland. Will this affect my fees?

Membership fees will either be reduced or increased for those leaving or returning from/to the UK or Republic of Ireland prior to 31 March of the current year. Please email to notify us of your change in address.

Can I claim tax relief?

If you are a UK tax payer you can reduce the cost of your subscription fee through tax relief. In addition, you may also be able to backdate your claim for previous years. You can use your subscription receipt that is automatically sent to you each year following fee payment for this purpose. Please contact your tax advisor or the HM Revenue and Customs for advice concerning your individual claim and circumstances.

How do I claim relief?

Information on making a claim is available from HM Revenue and Customs on 0845 300 0627 or online on the HMRC website.

How much will I get back?

This will depend on a number of factors including your subscription fee level and your tax situation. As a guide, members who are UK tax payers can claim up to 40% on their RCOG subscription.

Can I obtain a duplicate receipt?

Yes – please email or call us on +44 (0) 207 772 6258 to submit your request.