Eligibility criteria and nomination process for fellowships ad eundem and honoris causa
Fellowships ad eundem and honoris causa are awarded by the RCOG in recognition of the work of individuals who are not Members or Fellows of the RCOG, but who have contributed in some way to the advancement of obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G), women’s healthcare services, and/or the work of the RCOG.
Deadline for 2019 nominations is 30 June 2019
A Fellowship ad eundem is bestowed by the College to individuals who:
- Have demonstrated, through research or clinical commitment, major contributions to obstetrics, gynaecology or reproductive health and
- Have contributed to the advancement of the science or practice of obstetrics and gynaecology in a substantial way and
- Are of an extremely high scientific calibre
A Fellowship honoris causa is bestowed by the College to individuals who have demonstrated:
- The highest level of dedication and achievement in clinical care or
- The highest level of support to the development of women’s healthcare services or
- The highest level of work/support for the RCOG
- Only RCOG Fellows or Members can nominate someone for a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa
- The nominator’s proposal should be supported by a Member or Fellow of the RCOG
- The nominator needs to complete the nomination form (Word document, 283 kb), provide a supporting statement and ideally a CV or profile for the nominee; the assessing panel can normally only make their decision on the evidence submitted as part of the nomination process
Nomination and appointment process
You can submit nominations at any time by emailing your nomination form (Word document 283kb) to Nicholas McCann at NMcCann@rcog.org.uk.
An RCOG panel of assessors reviews all nominations and determines who will be granted a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa.
The assessment panel meets once a year, usually in the summer, to consider the nominations and make a decision. The list of individuals who have been granted a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa is published in O&G, the membership magazine of the RCOG, and online following the Council meeting where the names are presented.
Deadline for nominations
To be considered by the next assessment panel, please send nominations before 30 June 2019.