Eligibility criteria and nomination process for fellowships ad eundem and honoris causa
Fellowships ad eundem and honoris causa are awarded by the RCOG in recognition of the work of individuals who are not Fellows and Members of the College, but who have contributed in some way to the advancement of obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G), women’s healthcare services, and/or the work of the RCOG.
Nominations for 2021 are now closed.
A Fellowship ad eundem is bestowed by the College to individuals who:
- Have demonstrated, through research or clinical commitment, major contributions to obstetrics, gynaecology or reproductive health and
- Have contributed to the advancement of the science or practice of obstetrics and gynaecology in a substantial way and
- Are of an extremely high scientific calibre
A Fellowship honoris causa is bestowed by the College to individuals who have demonstrated:
- The highest level of dedication and achievement in clinical care or
- The highest level of support to the development of women’s healthcare services or
- The highest level of work/support for the RCOG
- Only RCOG Fellows or Members can nominate someone for a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa
- The nominator’s proposal should be supported by a Fellow or Member of the RCOG
- The nominator needs to complete the online nomination form and provide a supporting statement and a CV for the nominee
Nomination and appointment process
An RCOG panel of assessors reviews all nominations and determines who will be granted a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa.
The assessment panel meets once a year, usually in the summer, to consider the nominations and make a decision. The list of individuals who have been granted a Fellowship ad eundem or honoris causa is published in membership communicatins following the Council meeting where the names are presented.
How to apply
Please complete the online application via Oxford Abstracts
This application is hosted by Oxford Abstracts platform.
Please register for an account using your email address.
If you have any queries on the process for nominations please email firstname.lastname@example.org