The National Guideline Alliance (NGA) has been commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to update a series of partial updates of five obstetric and gynaecology guidelines.
These guidelines are:
- CG70: Induction of labour
- CG107: Hypertension in pregnancy
- CG132: Caesarean section
- CG154: Ectopic pregnancy
- NG25: Preterm labour and birth
Guideline Committee early member roles (Topic Lead)
As an early member of the guideline committee, you will act as a topic lead and be supported by the staff of the NGA who will be responsible for the overall project management, organising committee meetings, carrying out evidence reviews and economic analysis.
We are looking for:
- A gynaecologist with demonstrable relevant experience and knowledge in the topic of Ectopic Pregnancy
- A healthcare professional in obstetrics with demonstrable relevant experience and knowledge in the field of obstetrics and/or gynaecology.
Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, along with an ability to communicate complex issues to differing audiences. Applicants should have a commitment to evidence based medicine, ideally with experience of guideline development processes, an understanding of systematic reviewing, critical appraisal methods and the role of health economics in supporting decision-making.
Guideline Committee member roles
As a Guideline Committee (GC) member you will have the opportunity to help develop the guideline supported by the NGA staff. Guideline Committees comprise of leading healthcare experts as well as people with personal experience of a condition (lay people). The NGA is commissioned by NICE to develop guidelines using a multi-disciplinary health services research team with expertise in systematic reviewing, information science and health economics.
We are looking for health professionals who will have demonstrable relevant experience and knowledge in the field of obstetrics and/or gynaecology as follows:
- Obstetrician from obstetric unit x 2
- Midwife from an obstetric unit
- Community midwife
- Neonatologist (from LNU or NNICU)
- Paediatrician (from SCU)
- Obstetric anaesthetist
We are also looking to fill three co-opted positions. These are experts who will attend 1 or 2 meetings for a particular topic in an advisory role. For these posts, we are looking to recruit:
- Obstetric theatre nurse
- Clinical nurse specialist / nurse practitioner from early pregnancy unit
- Early pregnancy ultrasonographer
There is also a position for a core lay member with a general interest in obstetric and maternity services. Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate an understanding of maternity and obstetric and the issues important to women and their families, gained:
- Through personal experience you have of treatment and care provided for you by the NHS
- As a relative or unpaid carer of someone who has used relevant health services
- As a volunteer or employee of a relevant voluntary organisation or support group
How to Apply
To apply, visit the NICE website:
Deadline for applications: 10.00am on Tuesday 3 October 2017 (Early Member) and Friday 6 October 2017 (Guideline Committee Member)
Interviews will take place during October 2017.