The NICE guideline consultation on Heavy menstrual bleeding (update) is now open
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guideline on Heavy menstrual bleeding was first published in 2007 (NICE clinical guideline CG44). Following a surveillance review in 2015, a decision was made to update the guideline with a publication date set for 2017.
The areas updated as part of this guideline update are:
- Diagnosis of women with heavy menstrual bleeding
- Management of women with heavy menstrual bleeding, including:
- Pharmacological management
- Surgical management, including hysterectomy and endometrial ablation and resection.
- The diagnosis and management of women with adenomyosis
The guideline and associated documents are now available on the NICE website and stakeholder consultation on the draft guidance will close on Wednesday 13 September 2017.
Find out more about the draft guidance, register as a stakeholder and submit comments by visiting the consultation on the NICE website.