At the NGA one of our main customer groups are the members of our Guideline Committees. We are incredibly grateful and reliant on the time and expertise they provide us and want to provide them with the best possible service in return.
As we are a new team and still forming, we wanted to ask Guideline Committee members how well they perceived we are delivering that service.
Who did we ask?
We surveyed 270 committee members across 17 committees in December 2016.
Of those we asked, 13 committees reached a 75% response rate and from those 170 completed questionnaires were received.
What did we find?
- The results were encouraging in that overall the majority NGA Guideline Committee members are enjoying working with us
- There is some evidence that people enjoy their experience working with us as their committee tenure lengthens
- Our communications are well received, especially presentations at committee meetings
- Induction can be improved, as people request more information about the process in the first few meetings
- There are improvements we can make to our expenses processes.
Quantitative responses per question
Qualitative responses by theme
What are the next steps?
From the results we are undertaking work to establish a more thorough induction process to help guideline committee members understand what we do better, earlier on in the process.
We undertook a review of our expenses process and have launched an updated process and policy since then, which are committed to evolving as needed.
We will also run the questionnaire again in December 2017 to measure the impact of these changes.