The right to restricted processing gives you the right to limit the way the College processes your personal data (in certain circumstances).
This applies when you have a particular reason for the restriction. The College may still store your data, but cannot use it while the restriction is in place.
You can request to restrict the processing of your data if:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data and would like this verified
- The data has been unlawfully processed
- The College no longer needs your personal data for processing, but you need us to keep for a particular purpose, e.g. a legal claim.
The College can lift the restriction when:
- Your request is being investigated
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, and it overrides your right to restriction.
The College will investigate your request and where no grounds for restriction are found, notify you that the restriction will be lifted and advise you of your rights to request an internal review or make a complaint.
You can find further information on the Information Commissioner’s website:
If you would like to request erasure of your data please complete our Individual rights form and email it back to us with a copy of your photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org