- Information Governance Officer, External Affairs Directorate
- Full time, 35hrs per week
- £33,256 salary plus benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an Information Governance Officer to support the day to day operation and delivery of information governance (IG) within the RCOG including the IG Framework; a suite of policies, procedures, guidance and standards covering data quality, information compliance/sharing/security and records management. The role also offers information and records management advice and training to colleagues at all levels.
Specifically the post holder will:
- Ensure the College is creating, managing, using, sharing and disposing of information efficiently, appropriately and lawfully
- Maintain information asset and risk registers to evaluate and assure compliance with IG policies and processes, recording and highlighting risk as appropriate
- Manage and respond to IG enquiries, including Subject Access and Freedom of Information requests, in line with College policies and relevant legislation
- Support the implementation of information governance policies across the College
- Lead and coordinate a team of Information Governance Leads working across the College to ensure a consistent approach to information storage, management and retrieval
- Ensure that full and accurate records of College functions and activities are created, maintained and managed for as long as they are required to support business needs and to meet legal and regulatory requirements, and that their final disposal takes place in a planned and consistent manner
The post holder will have proven experience of completing information governance assessment and compliance tools, e.g. NHS IG Toolkit and of providing a modern hybrid records management service, including practical experience of electronic archive and/or records management systems.
The successful applicant will require exceptional oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills, including advocacy, negotiation and influencing. They will also have the ability to prioritise and schedule a complex workload in the face of conflicting demands.
The RCOG is a professional membership association dedicated to delivering the highest standards of training and education in the medical specialty of obstetrics and gynaecology. Located in pleasant offices overlooking Regent’s Park, the College offers a friendly working environment with an excellent benefits package that includes flexible working hours, free lunches, subsidised gym membership, season ticket loan, first class pension scheme and generous annual leave entitlement.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further questions you can contact the HR Department on 020 7772 6453.
The closing date for applications is Monday 22 January 2018 at 10.00am. Late applications will not be accepted.
The College is an equal opportunities employer.