Sign your hospital or trust up to take on a static ‘RideLondon’ challenge on 30 July 2017 and raise awareness of the Each Baby Counts programme.
We’d like to thank all NHS trusts for their ongoing commitment and contribution to Each Baby Counts.
We invite your maternity unit to get involved and join our RideLondon effort by holding a sponsored static bike challenge!
Static bike challenge at Wye Valley NHS Trust 2016
Wye Valley NHS Trust took on a static bike challenge on 2 August 2016, to jointly support Each Baby Counts and their bereavement service.
Their Governance & Risk Coordinator said: "I’m very proud of everyone that participated from Wye Valley Trust, we had Midwives, Obstetricians, Paediatricians , Financial Accountants, Maternity Support Workers, Transformation Managers, Security Advises and Estates Managers participate in the event, with many more people wanting to take part that the spaces I had available.
"The team completed the 100 miles in 4 hours so we kept going until 17.45 which is when I had scheduled the close of the event. A total of 218 miles was cycled, which I think is great."
How can my trust or unit get involved?
- Nominate someone to take this forward and get in touch with email@example.com
- Arrange your static bike. The options to consider are:
- Borrow a bike and a turbo trainer (there might be a keen cyclist who can lend these)
- Enquire at a local gym. They are often very willing to help out for a charitable cause. We can provide some information on Each Baby Counts for gyms to consider.
- Hire from a local exercise equipment hire company.
- Put a date in the diary (close to 30 July 2017) and set a goal in distance (e.g. 100 miles) and/or time (12 or 24 hours) to cover on the bike.
- Set up a rota for stints on the bike and recruit colleagues to take part
- Promote the challenge and spread the word about Each Baby Counts on the day! Take photos/video and post on social media and we’ll share them (on Twitter, using the hashtag #EachBabyCounts). We can provide promotional material and other support.
- Don’t forget to warm up, take lots of photos for our newsletter and get pedalling!