The RCOG is proud to support the Organising Committee of the World Congress of Endometriosis who, through a generous donation, have established the Endometriosis Millennium Fund.
Available to RCOG Members and Trainees working in the British Isles, the RCOG is able to offer up to £5,000 in order to stimulate and encourage research (clinical or laboratory based) in the field of endometriosis.
Clinicians are encouraged, with the use of the funds to acquire extra clinical skills in order to more efficiently manage patients with the disease.
The winning applicant will be invited to receive their certificate at RCOG’s Annual Academic Meeting.
Eligibility and requirements
Applications are invited for the following:
- To provide monies to fund a pilot project, clinical or laboratory based in the field of endometriosis, or to provide monies to fund an extension of an existing project researching endometriosis, or
- To provide a contribution towards a travelling fellowship to attend a recognised training centre, preferably overseas, to obtain surgical training in the management of cases of endometriosis, beyond the skills expected of core training
- If the application is for travel funding, travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does the proposal fit the brief
- Quality and relevance of project to career development
- Level of personal involvement
- Quality of the centre/place where funds will be spent
Closing date for applications
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application form (DOC 59kb) to the Awards Administrator email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.
The winner will be notified in October 2017.