The RCOG, with the kind and generous support of Ethicon, is pleased to offer this travel award of up to £2,000. Open to RCOG Members and Trainees in the UK, this award is given to develop skills and knowledge learned while taking part in an overseas placement.
Eligibility and requirements
The successful applicants will have submitted a well-articulated and well-planned application outlining the purpose and objectives of their trip and will provide detailed information about the work they would carry out during their placement to advance the practice and development of O&G.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a report on their travelling fellowship.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made in October 2018
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Planning and presentation
- Originality of submission
- Relevance of submission
- Value to the Trainee
- Value to the NHS
- The training opportunity
Closing date for applications
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application form (Word document) to the Awards Administrator email@example.com by midnight on Thursday 31 May 2018.
The winner will be notified in October 2018.