Through the generosity of the late Mr V B Green-Armytage and of the late Colonel W C Spackman, Council is able to award a biennial travelling scholarship up to £4,000 to a Fellow or Member of the College.
Please note that the Green-Armytage and Spackman Travelling Scholarship is not open in 2019.
Eligibility and requirements
Applicants should have shown a special interest in some particular aspect of obstetrical or gynaecological practice. The donors’ wishes are that the awards should be used for the purpose of visiting centres where similar work is being carried out.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Presentation well planned and presented
- Relevance of project to career development in O&G
- Level of involvement
- Value to the NHS/local community
- Value to personal development
The Green-Armytage and Spackman Travelling Scholarship is not open in 2019.