This biennial travel fellowship established in 1987 by Mrs Mattie Black in memory of her husband, Dr Malcolm Black FRCOG who died in 1986, awards up to £1,000 to RCOG Members and Fellows.
Please note that the Malcolm Black Travel Fellowship is not open in 2019.
Eligibility and requirements
The purpose of the fellowship is to enable a College Member of up to five years’ standing or a Fellow at the time of application, to travel either to the British Isles or from the British Isles abroad, for a period of time to attend postgraduate training courses or to visit centres of research or of particular expertise within the specialty of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Presentation well planned and presented
- Relevance of project to career development in O&G
- Level of involvement
- Value to the NHS/local community
- Value to personal development
The Malcolm Black Travel Fellowship is not open in 2019.