Originally established in 1988 through the generosity of a bequest by Miss Aileen Dickins FRCOG and expanded by a further generous donation by the late Mr Donald Fraser in 1990, the Overseas Fund provides up to £2,500 to our international Fellows and Members to assist with travel to the UK for further training in O&G.
Other donations have been received from Fellows and Members and the College Council hopes that this important fund will benefit from similar generosity in the future.
Eligibility and requirements
The purpose of this fund is to make grants available to Fellows and Members of the College working in obstetrics and gynaecology overseas who wish to travel to the UK for further training. Grants are made towards the cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence of up to £2,500.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Presentation and planning
- Relevance of project to career development in O&G
- Level of involvement
- Value to the local community
- Value to personal development
Closing date for applications
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application form (DOC 58kb) to the Awards Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.
The winner will be notified in October 2017.