The British Pregnancy Advisory Service has very generously endowed the Peter Huntingford Memorial Prize to mark the late Professor Peter Huntingford’s contribution to obstetrics and gynaecology. This has enabled the RCOG to provide two prizes of £150 (first prize) and £75 (second prize).
Eligibility and requirements
This award is for FY1 or FY2 doctors across the UK and Republic of Ireland and will be awarded to the two best presentations of either:
- A case history focused on women with complications of pregnancy and giving birth
- A clinical audit of report of a research project in any aspect of sexual health and fertility control in which they have been directly involved
A submission of no more than 1,500 words outlining the research with reference to publications (if any) is required. Applications that are over the word limit will be marked down. Please include a statement of your contribution to the project and indicate the name and address of your supervisor.
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- General clinical relevance
- Presentation style
- Insight into medical, social and psychological features/implications of the case
- Knowledge of literature
- Contains no factual errors
- Level of involvement
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application to the Awards Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday 31 May 2019.