Through the generosity of the Women’s Visiting Gynaecological Club, the RCOG is able to offer £500 towards an overseas elective in obstetrics and gynaecology to a medical student in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
Eligibility and requirements
The winner of this prize will be a medical student who presents an application that best articulates their reasoning and objectives for wanting to complete an overseas elective in a certain region.
The report submitted after this elective period is circulated to the members of the Women's Visiting Gynaecological Club.
Successful applicants are required to provide a report on their elective. They will also be invited to receive their certificate at an RCOG event.
- Travel must take place within 12 months of the award being made
- The award may only be used for the purpose outlined in your original application
- A detailed report (maximum 1,000 words), including pictures if necessary, must be submitted to the RCOG Awards Administrator within eight weeks after the elective
Your application will be judged on the following criteria:
- Planning and presentation
- Evidence of student supervision and support
- Intent to follow career in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Relevance of project to a future career development in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Originality of elective
- Benefit to local community
Closing date for applications
Please ensure you read the guidance on submitting your application before entering any of the awards.
To apply, please send your application form (DOC 58kb) to the Awards Administrator email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.