Instructions for candidates taking the DRCOG
Instructions to candidates
This information must be read carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in failure in the examination.
Your candidate entrance ticket has been emailed to you. Please check your ticket very carefully and note where and at what time you are to attend the examination (all times are local).
Please advise the Examination Department if the spelling of your name has been misinterpreted.
Your entrance ticket and evidence of identification must be taken to the examination.
Candidates must attend to all private/personal matters prior to commencement of the examination. The examination will start on time. No concession will be granted to any candidate who, for whatever reason, does not attend the examination at the correct starting time.
When attending the written examination you must provide:
- Entrance ticket
- Photographic identification that must include your name (e.g. passport, hospital identification badge)
Candidates who fail to produce evidence of identification (which must include name and photograph) to the satisfaction of the invigilators/examiners at the beginning of any section of the examination will have their entry withdrawn.
At the start of the exam session you will receive a briefing giving instructions on how to proceed through the exam. For your assistance, some of these rules are given below:
- No textbooks, papers, calculators, mobile telephones, pocket computers or similar articles are allowed into the examination hall. If a mobile phone rings during the examination, the candidate will be reported to the RCOG Examination and Assessment Committee and may have their results invalidated. Ink bottles are not allowed on desks. No smoking is allowed; no smoking devices are permitted.
- Any form of communication between candidates during the examination is strictly forbidden.
- Candidates must not start the examination until instructed by the invigilator and must not continue to write after an examination has ended.
- Candidates are prohibited from copying answers from colleagues sitting in their immediate vicinity. Please note that the College uses sophisticated anti-cheating software when processing the completed answer sheets, which detects significant patterns of duplication.
- Where there is any infringement of instructions 1, 2, 3 or 4, candidates will be disqualified and may not be allowed to sit any subsequent examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes have elapsed, or to leave the examination hall until one hour after the commencement of each paper. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall during the final 10 minutes of each paper and must remain seated whilst the question booklets/answer sheets are being collected.
- Candidates are not permitted to copy any part of the examination papers, and on no account may the question books be removed from the examination hall.
- Candidates require only their entrance ticket and photo ID. Pencils, paper and all examination material will be provided.
- Two time warnings will be given, the first 30 minutes and the second 10 minutes before the end of each paper. Candidates must stop writing immediately when advised by the invigilator.
- Invigilators have been instructed by the Examination and Assessment Committee that they may not discuss questions.
- Any candidate wishing to attract the invigilator’s attention should raise their hand.
- Any candidate leaving the examination hall during the examination will be allowed to return only if they have been escorted whilst outside the hall.
- Your candidate number, not desk number, should be written on the answer booklets and answer sheet.
- On all occasions you must show your name as stated on your entrance ticket.
- Question papers, answer sheets and all examination materials remain the property of the College at all times.
- Candidates are discouraged from bringing large amounts of luggage to the exam venue, as there is limited space for storage. Luggage and items of clothing are left at the owner’s risk.
Please note: There are no parking facilities available for candidates on College premises.
There are varying parking facilities available at many of the international venues; please check directly with the venue for details.
Your result for the examination will be sent by email on Friday 27 April 2018.
Hard copy result letters (including certification for successful candidates) will be mailed by first class post on the same day.
Results will not be disclosed to a third party, so please do not ask a friend or relative to contact us on your behalf, please contact us directly.