As a result of the increased spread of COVID-19 the RCOG has taken the difficult decision to postpone the MRCOG Part 2 exam originally due to take place on 07 July 2020, with a new date scheduled for the 27 September 2020.
The decision has been made to protect the health of our candidates, invigilators and staff, along with supporting the global containment and reduction in the spread of COVID-19.
We do understand that this is an anxious time for all and we endeavour to do our utmost to minimise the disruption and impact for all candidates. In making this decision we have listened to candidate feedback expressing concerns on the ability to sufficiently prepare for the July exams in the current climate, and hope the rescheduled date will help to allay these fears. We will of course closely monitor the impact of the pandemic and regularly assess how this may affect the September date.
Please rest assured that all candidates who booked on for the July exam will be guaranteed a place on the 27 September exam. You will not be asked to rebook a placement and this will automatically be transferred over to the rescheduled sitting. If you have a booked at place for July, you need not take any action. We have a record of your booking and your place in September is assured, subject to any national or global restrictions that may exist at the time of the exam.
Bookings will be opened for any remaining places, if they are available.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. We have attempted to answer the questions you may have in the FAQs below. If you have any further queries not answered by the below please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why is the MRCOG Part 2 exam being postponed?
With the ongoing global spread of COVID-19 we have postponed the examination to protect the health of our candidates, invigilators and staff. We have listened to candidate feedback expressing concerns on the ability to sufficiently prepare for the July exams in the current climate, and hope the rescheduled date will help to allay these fears.
- When will the rescheduled MRCOG Part 2 date be?
We have identified 27 September 2020 as a rescheduled date for this exam.
- Will I be guaranteed a place on the rescheduled exam date?
Yes, if you have booked on for a place for July, you will be guaranteed a place in the September exam.
- Will I be guaranteed a place at a matching centre to my original booking?
We will aim to transfer all candidates to a corresponding centre, subject to centre availability. We are in the process of confirming with venue providers and will confirm with candidates to provide booking confirmations by 15 May 2020.
- Will I receive a refund for my examination fee paid for the original July booking?
As part of our commitment to minimise disruption, our aim is to accommodate all candidates in a corresponding centre to that originally booked where possible. Therefore, your original exam fee will be rolled over to cover the cost of the rescheduled exam in September.
- I do not wish to sit my exam on the rescheduled date, will I receive a refund for my examination fee?
Yes, if you do not wish to take up the offer of a guaranteed place on the September exam, you will be entitled to a full refund. Once a refund has been given we will not be able to guarantee you a place on any future exam; you will need to book a place if a booking window opens for any remaining spaces. We cannot guarantee that spaces will be available beyond those already booked. Please note, the next planned Part 2 exam will be in January 2021. If you would like to withdraw from your guaranteed place on the 27 September exam, please contact email@example.com by no later than 25 May 2020 and your refund will be processed. Refunds will be provided within 8 weeks from the date of your request.
- I am a candidate and have booked travel and accommodation expecting to sit the July 2020 examination, am I entitled to a refund?
The RCOG will not reimburse travel or accommodation fees candidates may have already booked.
- Can I still book a place on the exam?
No, the booking deadline has now closed.
- Will the booking be reopened for this postponed exam?
We need to review the current bookings and centre availability for September to decide if this is possible. When we can give more information on this we will update the FAQs.
- The currency for my Part 1 pass is due to expire in July, to avoid this I had booked on the Part 2. How will the postponement of the exam affect me?
The expiry date for the Part 1 exam will be extended to the next exam but all candidates in this position must sit the September exam. If they don’t the Part 1 will have to be retaken.
- I was due to sit Part 2 in July and if successful sit the Part 3 in the following November. Will I still be able to sit the Part 3 in November?
No, unfortunately the booking window for the November Part 3 exam will close prior to the release of the results of the Part 2 exam in September. For any successful candidates that pass the September Part 2 exam, the next available opportunity to sit Part 3 will be May 2021.