This section of the site explains how O&G trainees are assessed and appraised throughout the specialty training programme. This information is designed for RCOG trainers.
For information about the specialty training programme, curriculum and MRCOG exams, please see the following sections of the site, which are designed for trainees:
This section of the site provides information for RCOG trainers about:
Induction and appraisal
The induction and appraisal page explains:
- Purpose of the induction and appraisal meetings
- Educational Supervisor report
- How to manage disagreements between trainee and trainer
The workplace-based assessment page provides:
- Overview of the different types of workplace-based assessment
- Answers to frequently asked questions about workplace-based assessments
Annual review of training
The annual review of training page provides an overview of the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP), including responsibilities and outcomes.
The Training ePortfolio section explains the rationale for use of an electronic portfolio and links to information for trainers about how to use the ePortfolio.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please see the list of contacts in the education and training team at the RCOG, or the A–Z of all useful contacts at the College.