This section of the site contains all of the information trainees and trainers will need about moving to the single version of the core curriculum.
For information about the current core curriculum, or previous versions of the curriculum, please visit the relevant area of the site:
Why has the RCOG created a single version of the core curriculum?
The General Medical Council (GMC) has stipulated that all specialties should move trainees to a single version of their curriculum by December 2015. For more information about the rationale for this decision, please read the GMC’s position statement on moving to the current curriculum.
To achieve this, the RCOG is moving all trainees (except those in their final year of training or those already in subspecialist training) to a single version of the core curriculum from 1 August 2013.
How will the transition to the single version of the core curriculum be managed?
For more information on how trainees will be moved to the 2013 core curriculum, please read:
What do I need to do?
- All trainees, except those in their last year of training and those already in subspecialty training, must transfer to the ePortfolio from 1 August 2013.
- Trainees (especially ST5–ST6) and supervisors are advised to use their first meeting after 1 August 2013 to go through the ePortfolio and see what the changes will mean for the training year ahead.
- SpRs are advised to contact their Heads of Schools as soon as possible to agree a plan. The RCOG has also developed specific guidance on moving SpRs to the single version of the core curriculum.
- Guidance on what the changes to the ePortfolio will mean for ARCPs after 1 August 2013 will be available in this section shortly.
- For more information, please read the FAQs about moving to the single version of the core curriculum.
- If you have any queries that can’t be answered locally by your College Tutor, Training Programme Director or Head of School, or are not addressed in the FAQs, please email us.
What’s the process for transferring information in the ePortfolio?
For guidance about the logbook and ePortfolio transfer process following the move to the single curriculum, download the College’s helpsheets from the Training ePortfolio page. There are helpsheets for both trainees and trainers.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or need more information, please email us.