Subspecialty training is competence based. Each subspecialty training programme has a curriculum setting out the competences that you need to achieve, and a logbook in which you record your progress.
You’ll be formally assessed annually by two subspecialists nominated by the RCOG’s Subspecialty Committee. The assessment includes the following:
- Both you and your Subspecialty Training Programme Supervisor (STPS) will need to submit a written report, which includes the following (you can download the assessment forms below):
- The subspecialty-specific assessment form
- An up-to-date copy of your CV
- The TO2 form (summary of team observations)
- The subspecialty training assessment questionnaire
- Your progress towards the required competencies listed in the logbook will be formally assessed
- Your assessors will compile a written report on your progress
- The RCOG’s Subspecialty Committee will review the assessors’ report and make recommendations regarding progress to or attainment of accreditation
- The Subspecialty Committee’s recommendations will be circulated to you, your STPS and the Head of School.
Click to download the relevant assessment forms.
Find out more
If you need any help or advice, please read the subspecialty training FAQs, email the Advanced Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 20 7045 6789.