Other pages in this section
3. What can I do to support the person being bullied or undermined?
- Using the ‘Calm, Space, Listen, Document, Avoid Gossip’ technique outlined in the previous section will support your colleague in the moment.
- Support them by telling them that what you have witnessed is wrong, and you believe it is bullying/undermining.
- Encourage your colleague to talk to someone they trust if they feel comfortable to in addition to yourself (friends/family).
- Encourage them to visit Module 1 "I feel that I have been bullied or undermined" and utilise the advice on what to do and where to get support.
- Follow-up with them later down the line to see how they are.
- Being subjected to poor workplace behaviours is challenging. You may want to signpost your colleague to resources to support their wellbeing too.