Answers to frequently asked questions about RCOG courses, conferences and events
How should I book if my hospital or trust is paying for me to attend?
You’ll need to complete the conference registration form (which you can find on the event page) and send it to us, together with a letter from your trust stating that they are happy to be invoiced for the payment.
Your letter needs to contain the information below. We will only accepted the letter if it is on official trust headed paper.
- Purchase order number
- Name of event
- Name of delegate attending the event
- The amount the trust is happy to be invoiced for
- Name, address, telephone number and email address of the person the invoice should be sent to
Please send the conference registration form and the letter from your trust to the RCOG by one of the following methods:
- By email to the conference assistant (you can find details on the event page)
- By fax to +44 20 7772 6388
- By post to RCOG Conference Office, 27 Sussex Place, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RG
Please note: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept invoice requests 2 weeks before the event. This is because of the time it takes to process invoices. All invoices must be paid by the event date in order for the delegate to attend; if we haven’t received payment by this date, we will ask the delegate for payment on arrival at the College.
How can I check that I’m being charged the correct rate?
For some courses, we apply different rates according to your career stage; for example, non-members may pay a standard rate, while Fellows, Members and Trainees may receive differing levels of discount. The fee structure for each event is set out on the individual event pages, which you can access from the events calendar.
An explanation of the different rates for different career stages is below:
- RCOG Member rate: All Fellows and Members paying the RCOG annual subscription. Retired RCOG Fellows and Members are entitled to a 50% discount of the RCOG member rate registration fee (please state if you are retired at the time of booking).
- Trainee rate: All trainees (any specialty); Clinical Research Fellows in O&G. A limited number of free places are available for medical students at RCOG events (for further information please contact the Conference Office).
- Allied healthcare professional rate: Midwives, nurses, sonographers, etc.
- Standard rate: Non-member consultants, non-member SAS/Trust doctors, GPs, consultants outside the specialty, etc.
- Unfortunately if you are an Associate Member it is not currently possible to book online at the discounted member rate. We are working to remedy this, but in the meantime please contact us directly to book and receive your discount.
The fee we charge you will depend on the information we hold in our database about your membership status and career stage. Before booking an event, please check that the details we hold on you are correct and update them if necessary. To update your details, please sign in to the website, go to ‘My account’ and then ‘My details’. Click on ‘Career stage’ to check and update your details.
Is paying for a course online secure?
Bookings for RCOG events taken through this website are handled through a secure webserver with a 128 bit SSL certificate. Payments are handled by SagePay, a third-party payment service provider with the highest levels of security. During the online payment process, no credit card details are stored by the RCOG.
VAT at RCOG conferences/courses: Are taxes included in the delegate fee?
Yes, VAT at 20% is applied to all delegate fees.
I am an overseas delegate so do I need to pay UK VAT on my fee?
The place of supply of admission to an event is determined by where the event takes place irrespective of where the delegate is located. Conferences that take place in the UK are therefore liable for UK VAT; they are classed as services and VAT is chargeable at source.
Overseas delegates must pay the VAT charged on the invoice but it may be possible to recover this amount if the fee is being paid by a business. For further detailed information, please visit the following links:
How do I get to the College?
See a map of the College's location and directions to the College.
I haven’t received my confirmation letter – what should I do?
Please allow 7 days to receive a copy of your confirmation letter and receipt by email. If you haven’t received confirmation by then, please call the Conference Office on +44 20 7772 6245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your RCOG registration number and full name.
How do I know if there are still places left?
Our online booking system is linked directly to our database so when bookings reach a certain level, the conference will show as fully booked. If this is the case, please call the Conference Office on +44 20 7772 6245 or email email@example.com to find out if there are still places available.
Can I attend a conference for one day only?
This is usually possible. Please contact the Conference Office on + 44 20 7772 6245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m not a Fellow or Member of the College – can I register for an RCOG event?
Yes. To register online for an event, you’ll first need to register with the RCOG website. This is a simple process that takes less than 2 minutes. To register, please complete the account creation form.
How do I access the online presentations?
The presentations are available on the website for 2 months after the meeting. To access the presentations, please follow the below instructions:
- Sign in using your email address and password
- Click on My account in the top right hand corner
- Click on My events, courses & exams
- You’ll see a list of the courses and events you’ve attended, and courses you’re booked to attend
- Scroll down the list and click on the name of the course or event
- You will then see a list of documents associated with that course or event – click on each one to download
Please note that we can only publish presentations online from speakers who have allowed us to do so.
I don’t have a password – how can I access the presentations?
Fellows or Members
If you don’t have a password, please go to the forgotten password page and follow the instructions.
If you've forgotten your login email address, or can't remember if you have an account, please try resetting your password.
If you cannot reset your password, please visit our Problems logging in page for help.
Non-Members who didn’t register and pay online for the course
Please email email@example.com to request login details, stating which meeting you attended. You will then be contacted with your login details, confirming that you have access to the presentations.
If you’ve forgotten your password for the website, please go to the forgotten password page, where you can reset your password.
When will I get my certificate of attendance?
We will send you your certificate of attendance by email within one week of the end of the course. If you haven’t received it in this time, please contact the Conference Office on +44 20 7772 6245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I obtain a duplicate certificate of attendance?
Only if you attended the event within the last 12 months. Please contact the Conference Office on +44 20 7772 6245 or email email@example.com to obtain the duplicate certificate. We will send duplicate certificates by email only.
Can I obtain a duplicate receipt?
Yes – please contact the Conference Office on +44 20 7772 6245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may have to obtain a duplicate from our Finance department, which can take a day or so.
How can I give feedback after an event?
We welcome all comments and feedback after an event. To find out how to give feedback, please read the College’s customer care charter.