Fee: £150 incl VAT
Sunday 16 June 1400–1800
Max capacity 20
This is an exciting interactive workshop run by established Obstetrics and Gynaecology NHS consultants. Through discussions, videos and role-plays we will help you develop your skills and understand the factors affecting communication with colleagues, patients and relatives.
We will focus on:
- Patient perspective of the medical profession and discuss skills and techniques for a patient-centred communication approach.
- How to ask and answer difficult questions giving emphasis on the topics of domestic violence/grooming, mental health, female genital mutilation and poor outcomes.
- Breaking bad news: we will concentrate on patient perspective and develop skills for improving their experience and understanding.
- Communication within the multidisciplinary team and focus on effective handover techniques.
- How to deal with bullying and undermining. We will discuss ways to effectively address these challenging behaviours which can greatly impact our performance in the workplace and affect patient safety.
- Dr Ferha Saeed
- Miss Bryony Jones
- Mr Umar Hussain
- Ms Sivatharjini Priya Sivarajasingam
- Ms Stephanie Drymiotou
14.00 – 14.15 Welcome and introduction
14.15 – 14.35 Communication is key!
14.35 – 15.00 I’m a patient get me out of here! (Role play)
15.00 – 16.00 How to ask and answer difficult questions? (Group activity, focusing on domestic violence/grooming, mental health, FGM, poor outcomes)
16.00 – 16.20 Refreshments
16.20 – 16.50 “I have some bad news” (Role play)
16.50 – 17.15 Communication within your team (Group activity)
17.15 – 17.45 Standing up to undermining behaviour (Role play)
17.45 - 18.00 Feedback and close
For all enquiries regarding RCOG World Congress 2019 contact Hampton Medical:
Tel: + 44 (0)1920 88 5171