We want to make it as easy as possible for parents and carers to attend Congress so the RCOG has made the following provision for those delegates wishing to bring babies and children with them.
General rules and guidance
- Babies under the age of 1yr are welcome to attend Congress with their parent.
- Children aged between 1yr and 5yrs are welcome to make use of the Parent’s Room with an accompanying adult but won’t be permitted access to the rest of Congress.
- Unfortunately there won’t be space to bring buggies or car seats into Congress itself so it may be helpful to bring a sling. Buggies and car seats can be left in the Parent’s Room.
- Babies and children must not be left unattended at any time.
- We would hope that you would be sensitive to any disruption a baby may cause if unsettled and would request that you position yourself where you may be able to exit discretely if the baby is crying.
- If you have any special circumstances that we should be aware of, please contact the Congress Secretariat on email@example.com so we can do our best to accommodate them.
A dedicated room is available for parents and carers at Congress which is designed to give you a base away from the Congress crowds to care for the needs of your baby or child. This room is designed for parents and carers of babies and children under the age of 5. The room will have:
- Private space for breastfeeding (although you are welcome to breastfeed anywhere at Congress)
- Highchairs and bottle warmers
- Buggy parking
- An adjacent bathroom with unisex baby changing facilities
Please do not leave your baby or child unaccompanied in this room or any part of Congress at any time.
Please note that the parent’s room is a shared area so we cannot guarantee the absence of any allergens.
Children and babies within sessions
Babes in arms (under the age of 1) are welcome within the congress sessions but we ask that parents be mindful of other delegates and take any babies out of the room if they are making a lot of noise.
All the rooms will be set up to capacity so unfortunately there will be no space for buggies or car seats within the sessions. Buggies and car seats can be left in the Parent’s Room.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to bring any children over 1 with you into the sessions.
You are welcome to breastfeed or bottle feed your baby anywhere at Congress.
Access for non-registered parents and carers
You may bring a friend or family member with you to help care for your child whilst you are attending sessions. They will be free to access the Parent’s Room in your absence but will not be able to access any of the sessions or the exhibition hall. Unfortunately due to the capacity of the venue, we will not be able to provide them with lunch but there are a number of food outlets on the concourse at Excel where lunch can be purchased.
Children and babies at social events
The congress social events are not designed with children and babies in mind, however babies under 1yr may attend with a parent free of charge if alternative childcare cannot be arranged. Children aged 1-12yrs are not permitted to attend due to the nature of the events. Children over 12yrs may attend but there is no reduction on the ticket price available.
Please note that the social events will feature loud entertainment and alcohol will be also be served. Unfortunately we do not have space to accommodate buggies, pushchairs or car seats at any of the social event venues.
If you have any queries or special circumstances that we should be aware of, please contact the Congress Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org