Cost: US $130
Timings: 08:30 - 12:30
This half-day programme provides attendees with advanced understanding of the new standards for cervical cancer screening, including HPV testing and managements of abnormal cervical lesions.
- Discuss the typical cytologic and colposcopic findings of the normal and abnormal cervix including low-grade, high-grade, and malignant lesions of the cervix.
- Demonstrate appropriate locations for biopsy on cervix images.
- Interpret and correlate cytologic, colposcopic, with histologic results.
- Formulate management plan for test abnormalities according to the most recent BSCCP Guidelines.
- List the benefits and risks of a new HPV vaccine.
- Discuss the potential value of primary HPV screening.
- Interactive session discussion of diagnosis and treatment
- Prof Karen Chan (Hong Kong)
- Dr Ismail Al Badawi (Saudi Arabia)
- Dr Thuria Al Rawahi (Oman)
- Dr Sharifa Al Farsi (Oman)
- Dr V Gowri (Oman)
Screening of cervical cancer (methods and programs)
HPV infection and cervical carcinogenesis
HPV vaccination and cervical screening post vaccination
Colposcopy terminology and normal findings
Review therapeutic modalities (cryo-cautery, LLETZ & Laser)
Colposcopy in special situations (atrophy and pregnancy)
Slides presentation with interactive discussion of low vs high grade cervical lesion
Slides presentation with interactive discussion of glandular lesions
*may be subject to change